A Port Aransas dolphin tour lets you experience dolphins in nature firsthand. Here’s how…
Imagine being on a boat, just off the coast of Port Aransas. The boat is cruising along slowly, with a slight breeze playing through your hair.
There are several other people on the boat too. Like you, they are all excited… a dolphin may show itself alongside the boat at any time. Then, suddenly, there it is…
In fact, it’s not just one dolphin, but several. They are playing along in the surf, occasionally blowing puffs of sea water mist as the air escapes the blowholes on their heads. The kids are amazed and want to touch one…
This is the type of experience that a Port Aransas dolphin tour offers!
Fun Facts about Dolphins
Here are some fun facts that you can share with your kids during your dolphin tour. Did you know…
- Dolphins are marine mammals, which means they give live birth.
- The word “dolphin” comes from a Greek word that means, “a fish with a womb.”
- Dolphins breathe through a blowhole on the top of their heads.
- Dolphins can tolerate and easily recover from bad injuries, like shark bites, but it is not known how they do it.
- Dolphins can hear sounds with frequencies that are more than ten times higher than what humans can hear.
- Dolphins are some of the most intelligent animals on earth.
- Dolphins are very sociable and usually live in pods of around a dozen animals.
- A female dolphin carries a baby for about a year before it is born. The exact time varies by species. The babies (called “calves”) are usually born tail first.
There is a lot more known about dolphins, but that should be enough information to help you appreciate what amazing animals they are when you go on a Port Aransas dolphin tour.
Where to go on a Port Aransas Dolphin Tour
Take a Port Aransas dolphin tour and experience for yourself what it feels like to see a dolphin in its natural surroundings. I think you’ll like it!